Japanese Travel Visas – 3 major options for Japanese visas

Whether you are planning to visit Japan as a tourist, student, business or looking for a job in the country, you will need to understand what your visa requirements are.

Like most other countries around the world, the Japanese Immigration Bureau has certain restrictions, instructions and requirements regarding who can enter the country and what they can afford upon arrival. In particular, the Bureau requests that every foreigner seeking entry to the country should have a valid passport and, in some cases, a visa.

Formal definition of a party, essentially a visa, is a prerogative of entry into a given country. It limits and permits certain activities on the part of that person as soon as he enters that country.

Japanese visas can be obtained from one of the Japanese embassies or consulates of your home country. Your choice of the right office will depend on where you live. An application for a Japanese visa must be made in person. However, if you live in a remote area, you can request mail in some cases.

With regard to a travel visa in Japan – or another type of visa, you can apply for entry to Japan – here are your main Japanese visa options:

1. Weekend stay:

If your travel plans to Japan are in the country for 90 days or less and you will be primarily concerned with tourist activities or visiting a friend or family member, you can travel without a visa. This option is for tourists and other short-term visitors to Japan.

Certain restrictions apply, of course. For example, you are not allowed to work or otherwise make money in Japan if you enter a visa-free country. Also, when entering the airport in the immigration area of ​​Japan, your passport must be valid throughout your planned stay. To later change your visa status (for example, a work visa), you must leave Japan and return later with a new visa.

2. Work Visas:

Many people go to Japan with the intention of looking for work there and many others enter the country that has already negotiated a new job or a job from another country. In one of these cases, the Immigration Bureau of Japan will require you to obtain work visa approval first. Any kind of work that will allow you to make money as a foreigner in Japan will require a work visa.

3. General visa:

There are other reasons why you would like to join Japan, either as a tourist or as someone who wants to make money. In that case, you would require a general visa. For example, someone who is involved in cultural activities or studies would need this type of visa. Also, a general visa for entry into Japan would be required by university students, preschool students, people in training, and people living in a family / home country. In all these cases, a general visa is required if you intend to stay in Japan for more than 90 days.

Please note that there are a number of other types of Japanese visas to be used for other specific situations. These are renowned, diplomatic and official visas. However, these are quite rare. If you need to apply for one of these in order to carry out your business in Japan, you will be directed to the correct type of visa application.

Consider these 3 major Japanese visa options as you prepare for your trip or long-term stay in Japan.

Source by Robbie T. James