Is travel insurance really necessary?
Travel is already expensive, is not it? The cost of flights, cruises, hotels, land transport, food and activities and entertainment are already high enough. I do not know about you, but I work hard on my money, and when I travel I want to keep as much money as possible in my pocket. Is travel insurance a necessity or luxury? Why do not you leave a few horns here and there. Why would you buy something if it was not really needed?
My personal solution is, of course, that I am not alone wealthy and unable to withstand the possible financial losses that would arise if I needed medical care when traveling. It does not mean that I am individually rich, it also means that I am in the market for adequate but cheap travel insurance. I suspect you are in the same position, so you also need cheap travel insurance. If you are still unsure, consider the following:
Did you know that if you are sick or injured when traveling abroad, your health plan may not cover all the costs incurred by you? If the cost of treatment is higher than the maximum amount of your treatment plan, you will be responsible for the difference if you have not already received travel insurance. You can not even be admitted to hospitals in some countries without proof that you have health or health insurance.
This applies to all, regardless of age or length of stay abroad. Suppose you are ill only a few hours after arriving at your destination. Or assume you're going to another country and you're injured in a traffic accident. Or do you think one of your children is part of a group that is doing a class visit abroad, poisoning food and requiring hospitalization. In all cases, without adequate travel health insurance, you will be responsible for costs beyond the limits of your existing treatment plan.
Therefore, you must ensure insurance before your departure abroad that will not break your budget. You should check that you have adequate coverage through your health plan, employee benefits, or even credit card. If the coverage is sufficient for your needs, you can enjoy a trip without unnecessary travel insurance costs. However, if you are not sure that your coverage is inadequate or does not exist, then the next step should be to research and purchase the travel insurance you need.
How long can you buy your first ticket to China a few years ago, it cost about $ 2,000 a round, and my travel insurance cost me more than $ 500 because I did not buy cheap tickets
A few years later, a bit older and wiser, and my travel insurance for another trip to China cost me much less – about $ 300 for roughly the same coverage. Difference? Before purchasing travel insurance for the second trip I bought online and got the coverage I needed at the right price. If I bought my travel insurance for this last trip from my travel agent, it would save me about $ 600 a trip, and my tickets would cost only $ 1500! Not exactly the clever way to go.
So how much will it cost you? There is not enough money for you if you are ill or injured abroad and you have no travel insurance! This is an obvious answer to the question.
In fact, how much travel insurance costs will depend on your age and type of coverage that you choose. Basic principles cost up to $ 5.50 for $ 1000. On the other hand, you can expect that full coverage will cost you between 7 and 10% of the cost of your trip, depending on your age. The older you are, the more you pay. It does not matter what the price of a policy is, but it is certainly much smaller than the cost of medical evacuation!
The good news is that you can easily, conveniently and quickly search for and search for great but cheap travel insurance online and reduce the cost of an informed purchase. It's a lot better than what you offered at a travel agency because you can choose from hundreds of travel companies and politicians and save you a lot of money. One of the places where you can start looking is at Travel Insurance Central, [http://www.travel-insurance-central.com]
What to consider when purchasing travel insurance
To help with your research, here are some suggestions to buy.
1. Consider the worst case scenario. If you can financially withstand the worst case scenario, you may not need travel insurance or maybe you do not need a comprehensive policy.
2. Make sure that the principles you are considering provide sufficient health / dental coverage, including medical evacuation coverage only if you need medical care at the place where the best treatment is below the standards you have your country gets used to it. This can happen if you are ill in a developing country or even on a cruise ship.
3. Review existing insurance policies for potential coverage. There is no point paying more for what you already have in a house or in a rental policy such as theft and loss of coverage.
4. If you are a frequent traveler, you should consider annual travel insurance. Sometimes they are called travel insurance for multiple trips. Whatever the name, this policy may be relatively inexpensive compared to single-trip insurance policies.
5. Find Out What You Buy so read the fine print. Make sure you understand what a company sees as a legitimate reason for cancellation or interruption. If the list is too restrictive, you might want to consider other policies.
6. Do not limit yourself to the purchase only from your travel agent. You will probably only have one product available and it's for your convenience, but it can be very costly!
7. Ask a lot of questions about coverage Play the game "What if". Ask for a clear explanation of the terminology. Make sure you and the travel insurance company speak the same language.
8. Do not buy insurance through your carrier. Should the airline suffer bankruptcy, what will be your insurance coverage?
Once you buy your travel insurance
Remember that your travel insurance covers certain specific dates, start your journey early or extend your journey without first changing the coverage dates of your travel insurance contracts. Of course, it could make you more, but it's cheaper than getting you covered if you need it the most.
It is also almost natural that you should travel with your travel abroad when traveling abroad. You can not consult the policy when sitting at home at the table. You should also carry a free travel insurance phone number and other contact information with you, wherever you are. You have nothing good if you are bad or injured and the necessary information about politics will be sitting in your hotel room. It's also a good idea to bring your regular medical coverage and information with you.
I hope these tips will help you with the best travel insurance for you. Then take your trip in peace that comes from being aware that you are insured by the right travel insurance company at the right price. Bon cruise
Source by John M. Bartanus